Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates, serving more than 55 million customers in the United States and Europe. The company also has market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
“We care about helping people eat well, save time and live better.”
Looking for a ABAP Senior Developer (m/f)
Ahold Delhaize’s promise and our mission
=> Ahold Delhaize and its local brands have been serving local communities for 150 years. And we are still growing. We’re committed to sustainability and our size and reach enable us to not only make an impact in our local communities but meaningful change globally. By working with us, you can affect the daily lives of millions of customers and contribute to our purpose – helping people eatwell, save time and live better.
We will continually invest in you and help you build on your talents and skills for the future.
We work hard but we have fun together and make lasting friendships. Together, we have the
courage to take risks and innovate – because we are dedicated to serving customers’ changing needs.
=> The goal of this function is to develop and design new IT functionality in support of business projects or to enhance the business capabilities of SAP solutions. The development is typically based on analysis provided by Functional Consultant and approved by Senior ABAP developer. This process is essential to ensure the evolution of the SAP enhancements or custom ABAP solution internally developed with a high level quality.
How you will make an impact
At Ahold Delhaize, SAP is playing a key role for our operations in Belgium/Luxembourg, Greece, Serbia and Romania. We are continuously improving our business processes to serve our customersbetter. Our complex and evolving landscape offers a great opportunity to grow, learn and be involved in new technologies. The selected candidate will have the ability to extend her/his technical competences and soft skills through training opportunities.
An S/4Hana migration also exists in the pipeline, which will offer the candidate the possibility to learn and extend her/his knowledge in S/4 architecture & development.
The development team is stable, having most of its members being part of it for more than 8 years already. Team members are passionate with their tasks and offer extensive support to each other, within the spirit of a big “family”. In the current state, an agile transformation program is running,which is implemented across IT and will allow the team to work in a more agile and effective way in the future.
Are you the person we are looking for?
At Ahold Delhaize you will be working at one of the world’s largest food retail groups. We know you
are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us.
- Your responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements the new and/or enhancement of
SAP Solution based on functional and design analysis document, and in line with the
Delhaize IT development, operations and security standards and guidelines
- Ensures all these activities are executed within the agreed planning and budget, and
continuously stays focused on delivering high quality solutions.
- Periodically ensures support of the applications delivered in production (level 3
- Participate on building process of Change management and Life cycle management
policies and procedures of DG Group.
- Define standards ABAP development and Templates followed by all SAP parties,
functional consultants and developers as well.
- Following the Change management and Life cycle management policies and
procedures of DG Group.
- Following the standards ABAP development of DG group.
- Coaching development team members and supporting / helping them in an
- Control strictly the development and deliverables to have high quality.
- Define development best practices and share it with the development team.
- Your skills:
- SAP ABAP Senior Developer, with a minimum of ten (10+) years of experience in
analysis and design of SAP Implementation Projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, training and team leading skills and the
ability to work effectively within a development team. Capable of providing
leadership, mentoring of junior developers and technical support. Ability to deliver
high quality results meeting established standards and expectations for the
- Ability to conduct research and recommend changes in an existing, changing or
- Developing, testing and deploying custom application solutions in SAP Logistics and
Finance modules to meet business requirements.
- Excellent use of ABAP programming including Dialog Programming. Experience
- Enhancement concepts: user-exits, BADIs, Implicit Enhancements.
- Module pools.
- Output Forms: Smart Forms, Sap script, Adobe forms.
- Reports Development: ALV Reports.
- Good knowledge of ABAP OOO.
- Data Dictionary.
- Workflow development.
- Conversion/Migration tools: LSMW, Data Transfer Workbench.
- Interface development: EDI/ALE, SOAP and Web Services.
- SAP Query.
- Pricing routings.
- WEB dynpro, MDM development, WEB repository.
- ABAP CDS Views.
- ABAP ODATA Models Creation.
- Switch Framework.
- Authorization Objects.
- Portal component Development.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP Fiori Development.
- Standard FIORI apps enhancements.
- Custom FIORI apps.
- FIORI floor plan and templates.
- UI5 Libraries.
- Excellent knowledge on S/4 HANA Development
- SAP HANA Technical Concept and Architecture
- ABAP Development Tools (ADT)
- Code Performance Rules and Guidelines for SAP HANA
- Design and implement CDS, AMDP and Access Control objects based on the
- Transform traditional ABAP programs in legacy SAP system into S/4 HANA
- Knowledge in building of SAP Screen Personas will be considered as a plus.
- Good working knowledge of SAP business processes associated with SAP Logistics.
Working experience in the following SAP modules:
- Material Management (Article Master)
- Purchasing (Purchase Orders, Goods Receipt MIGO, Logistic Invoice
- Inventory Management (Goods receipts, Goods issues)
- Sales & Distribution (Sales orders, Delivery notes, Billing Documents, Pricing)
- Experience in IS-RETAIL SAP project is a major plus.
- Graduate IT (master) or equivalent by experience
- Good knowledge of English
Apply now or Learn more
Are you the Flexible, Stress-resistant Team player? Are you eager to learn and enjoy challenges that stimulate your personal evolution? Working at Ahold Delhaize means flexible working. From home and our Center of Excellence in Athens. Do you want to play an active role in our dedication to help people eat well, save time and live better? Apply now.
On line at www.abcareers.gr quoting reference: (ref: ABAP_SD_21)
Address: 81, Spaton Ave.
Zip code: 153 44
City: Gerakas – Attiki
All applications will be treated as confidential