Alfa Beta is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 21 companies in 3 continents (11 countries), 375 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers on a weekly basis.
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos is one of the largest retail chains with more than 5000 Super Markets, Cash & Carry, and franchise stores and over 14 000 employees.
The Energy Specialist, performs the appropriate studies and actions regarding planning and implementation of the company’s energy saving plan, contributing in the low energy consumption policy.
• Participates in the development of the annual budget which is related to energy saving issues by providing data regarding energy projects and looks after its implementation by proceeding with all necessary procedures (request for approval, receipt etc), ensuring all agreed specifications
• Based on department’s strategy regarding energy saving & green development, monitors all market trends and legal adjustments (prices etc), detects and evaluates those which could affect the company
• Support the project teams in the design, development, implementation, management and monitoring of energy related projects (renewable energy, CO2 emissions etc), as needed
• Participates by providing input and data in the financial evaluation of opportunities identified regarding the energy consumption CO2 emissions/ renewable energy
• Suggests and implements new technologies and energy related interventions for projects /CO2 emissions/ renewable energy
• Manages utilities accounts (power, water etc) and identifies areas of improvement (e.g. in terms of energy consumption)
• Monitors and evaluates the energy consumption of stores, by turning energy data into informative reports, providing useful information to all involved and contributing in the company’s low energy consumption policy and environmental protection
• Undertakes energy inspections and surveys, collects information and reports critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems to the management team, for timely action
• Monitors control systems and automation related to energy consumption in company’s facilities (e.g. energy monitoring in refrigerators, lighting, BMS, etc)
• Regarding energy projects, monitors external partners’ services ensuring smooth implementation of agreed services in his area of responsibility (contractors, suppliers, etc)
• Bsc in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or any other equivalent
• Previous experience, 4 - 5 years, in similar role, preferably in retail or relevant industry
• Excellent command of English language, both written and spoken
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office with emphasis on Excel.
• Technical knowledge regarding real estate and construction related standards
• Results orientation, accountability and resourcefulness
• Communication & interpersonal skills, ability to build network & partnerships
• Strong multi-tasking and organizing skills
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances & multicultural environment
The company offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent career prospects
On line at www.abcareers.gr quoting reference: (ref: ENRSP_22)
Address: 81, Spaton Ave.
Zip code: 153 44
City: Gerakas – Attiki
All applications will be treated as confidential