IFRS Specialist is a member of the Business Services Finance - Record to Report (BSF RTR) team that helps management make critical financial decisions by supporting accurate and timely processing of financial transactions and processes, and internal/external reporting requirements.
What you will focus on
• Be responsible for monitoring & reconciling intercompany transactions. Coordinate with business owners and supervise 3rd party service provider.
• Assist in period closing process.
• Prepare monthly financial reports in his/her area of responsibility.
• Be responsible for the quarterly submission of tax reporting package (TRADE) according to Group Accounting policy.
• Prepare and submit planning data of the department.
• Contribute to the preparation and audit of the annual financial statements.
• Participate in the implementing and monitoring of internal controls.
• Coordinate with tax manager on transfer pricing and other tax matters.
• Contribute to special projects in finance as assigned.
• Ensure compliance with established rules and policies set by the Group.
• Propose potential changes/improvements in his/her area of responsibility to maximize the cost benefit.
Who we are looking for
• BSc in Finance or Accounting. MSc would be considered an asset.
• At least 2 years of experience in accounting, financial controlling and/or business controlling and auditing in retail/construction/infrastructures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Greek and English.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office – Advanced Excel.
• Working experience in SAP FI/FA/BW – Power BI.
• ACCA Part-Qualified or Qualified will be considered.
• Knowledge and very good understanding of Greek GAAP and IFRS.
• Togetherness –value team’s ideas, uniqueness and safeguard belonging.
• Embrace change – challenge own self, be courageous, curious, unlearn.
• Target Orientation – Accountability – Resourcefulness - Follow procedures accordingly.
• Influence others – Build relationships – Authentic Communication.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to operate comfortably in both business and 3rd party service provider with a teamwork perspective.
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction.
Start your retail journey and live our values of care, teamwork, humor, integrity and courage
Apply on line at www.abcareers.gr quoting reference: (ref: IFRSS_23)
We care for you
• Room to grow and develop via numerous opportunities for learning, professional development and career advancement
• A safe and healthy workplace and a friendly environment which respects each employee’s individuality and personality
A place where everyone belongs
We strive to be a better place to work where our associates reflect the markets we serve, where their voices are heard and valued, they find purpose in their work, and can grow and contribute to their fullest. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Certified by Diversity Charter Greece and SHARE Equality Label
All applications are treated with utmost confidentiality