Role: Manager Business Security Advisory EU
Date: Jan 10, 2022
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 410,000
associates serving more than 50 million customers in the United States and Europe. The
company also has market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs
and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future
Global Support Office IT is responsible for the corporate IT systems used by the global
organization. That involves both local and international systems.
The position of Manager, Business Security Advisory is a position within the Global
information security organization and is a key component in supporting the concept of
“secure by design.” This is accomplished by influencing projects and operations to
implement adequate and proportionate security coverage to achieve secure and resilient
Business and IT processes, systems and operations throughout Ahold Delhaize
The primary purpose of this position is to partner with the business to ensure that
business needs are met while also ensuring that a proper level of security is maintained
for our data, systems and third party business partners. This will be accomplished
through the process of identifying and evaluating complex business and technology
risks, determining the potential impact of these risks and required mitigation efforts, and
providing guidance for solution and process development and implementation. This
position also serves as the local (on-site) information security subject matter expert and
liaison between the business and the other Security teams.
As a Manager Business Security Advisory within our Global information security team,
• Formally assess information security risks related to business projects,
determine the potential impact of those risks, and conduct follow-up, throughout
the project lifecycle, on any necessary remediation efforts. Ensure that IT
solutions and business processes comply with Company policy, Company
controls and applicable legal and regulatory requirements while also ensuring
that business objectives are met.
• Conduct initial and ongoing formal assessments of information security risks
related to vendors, determine the potential impact of those risks, and conduct
follow-up on any necessary remediation efforts.
• Develop a specialized knowledge of and key relationships with the local brand,
ensuring that security is imbedded in each brand and that their security needs
are being met. Collaborate with other team members to identify opportunities for
implementing common security solutions or leveraging existing solutions.
• Develop strategies and drive efforts to facilitate business ownership of data,
including creating/providing necessary tools for identification and tracking of data
repositories, training materials, and professional presentations.
• Demonstrate specialized knowledge, including data protection methods, in at
least one of the following areas and, as required, share this expertise with other
team members to facilitate ongoing activities.
o AIX and Linux,
o The Windows operating system and Active Directory,
o Networking technologies,
o Mobile computing technologies
o Cloud computing technologies
• Actively expand consulting and assessment capabilities through training courses,
mentoring, and daily interaction with internal customers
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical training in Information Technology,
Information Systems Security, Cyber security, or related field (Master’s degree
• 6+ years of relevant IT and Information Security experience
• Solid communication and presentation skills
• Familiarity with the retail industry
• Familiarity with security-related legal and regulatory requirements
• Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
• Must be willing to travel, as required, to support the various Ahold Delhaize
• Greek native language, professional level in English
• International job with impact and significant responsibilities
• Good benefits
• Career opportunities within the international retail environment with securityrelated
legal and regulatory requirements
On line at www.abcareers.gr quoting reference: (ref: MBSA_21)
Address: 81, Spaton Ave.
Zip code: 153 44
City: Gerakas – Attiki
All applications will be treated as confidential